Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lately

I haven't posted anything since last week because I've been busier. This past week was my first week of "real" school, because I went to all the classes with the Japanese students, not just the EP classes. It was good to be able to try to meet new friends, but I was always exhausted by the end of the day because the teachers would speak in Japanese the entire class period and I couldn't understand any of it. Last weekend, Yuho and some of her friends took me to karaoke! It was really fun but LONG! We were there for 4 hours! It was a party room I think because it had 2 booths and a small stage to sing on. They mostly sang Japanese songs but they love Lady Gaga so they also sang some of her songs! On Friday, during gym class, we got to swim! It reminded me of swim team last year so it was really good to be doing something familiar. We only swam a 200 and then did a 25 relay race, but it was still good to swim in general! Saturday, yesterday, my host parents picked up Catherine and I and we went to Kobe! It was a lot of fun! We ate lunch in China Town and then went to a Takoyaki place. Then we shopped around a little bit and went into a bookstore with English books. I was really happy to be able to buy an English book! After that, we went to this nice cafe that had really really good waffles. It tasted like Waffle House, but it was dirty like waffle house is. After that, we shopped around a little more and then headed on home. Today all the exchange students and their host siblings are going to Nara so I'm looking forward to that!
-AC

No comments:

Post a Comment