Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 5

Today was my first day of Japanese lessons! I woke up and got ready for school just like yesterday. We left at the same time and got to school at 8:10. I went to homeroom with Yuho and had to introduce myself in Japanese to the class which didn't work too well. I said hello, my name is AC and then just stood there with everyone staring at me trying to think of anything else I knew how to say in Japanese. After that was over, I went up to the EP room and Max, Drew, Kathryn (the exchange student from Canada who got here last night), and I had Japanese lessons. Max and I both don't know any Japanese but Kathryn and Drew have both been taking for 3 years. So we split up and Max and I learned a self-introduction and some vocabulary and a few phrases while Drew and Kathryn did some worksheets. We probably did Japanese for around 2 hours. After that, we were done for the day but out host siblings were still taking tests. So we just hung out in the EP room until they came and got us. Here's me, Drew, and Max in the EP room:
Not a very cute picture, but at least it's all 3 of us! Anyways, my host sister came and got me at 12:15 to go to lunch. We had to buy our lunch but she had trouble explaining the menu to me so I ended up just ordering the same thing she was getting. It was rice and some kind of meat in some kind of sauce. It was good. After lunch, I went back to the EP room and hung out some more before Yuho came and got me to go home. A bunch of her friends came with us and here's all of us outside the EP room:
Then we went home as usual and here I am now. All in all, it was a pretty normal day. Tomorrow I have physics, and 2 math classes (all private English lessons in the EP room) and then I'll be done for the day since Saturdays are only half days. I'm also going with Natsuki to a volleyball practice at Momoyama to see if I want to join volleyball club so I'm excited about that! We'll see how it goes!
-AC

No comments:

Post a Comment