Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 7

Today marks the one-week mark of me being in Japan! It feels like I've been here for way longer though... I've already been starting to get into a routine for some things. Today was Sunday so I got to sleep in! I don't think my body is adjusted yet though because I woke up at 5:30 and could only sleep for about 30 minutes at a time until 7:30. I ate breakfast and took a shower and read my book until Yuho woke up. At 11:30, Yuho, my host mom, my oldest host brother, and I went to Osaka Medical College for and open campus tour. We listened to a lecture and then did a workshop-type thing. We got to try out some of the medical instruments and they told us (in Japanese) about how they work. So I didn't understand at all but some people spoke a little bit on English. Then we ate lunch in the college cafeteria. It was really good! I had rice, soup, salad, and a hamburger without a bun. Then we waited around and talked to some of the staff until our campus tour. After the campus tour, we went to a gourmet cake shop in Takatsuki (the city where Osaka Medical College is in) and each got a slice of cake. We were with one of my host mom's classmates fro college that lived in Takatsuki so then we went back to her house to eat them. She had a really nice house. It had an elevator, balcony, and a basketball court! She also had a really cute golden retriever. We stayed there a while so while the adults were talking, I played with the dog ( I think it's name was Puppy?) When we left, we headed on home and here I am! It was an hour car ride. I'm about to shower, eat dinner, practice piano, and go to bed! The picture on the top of the page is me and Catherine, the exchange student from Canada. I can't figure out how to move it from the top of the page. That was yesterday in the EP room.
-AC

No comments:

Post a Comment